Apprentice Business Administrator
Have you set your sights on an apprenticeship in a successful and interesting business, with potential for career progression if you prove yourself? Are you keen to develop your skills in office administration? Do you have an interest in customer service and sales? If so, you could be joining our small and supportive Grundon Sand & Gravel sales team at Beenham, near Reading. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment as you work towards achieving your Business Administration Level 2 Apprenticeship (Intermediate), you’ll earn a competitive salary plus good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel).
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
About the Apprentice Business Administrator role
Established in 1929, Grundon Sand & Gravel has four quarries that supply everything from path gravels, rockery stones and shingle to all kinds of different markets, including golf courses, equestrian centres and landscaped gardens.
As our apprentice, you’ll get to find out what it’s really like to work in a busy office, helping you to narrow down where your strengths and interests lie. You will learn how to take orders, liaise with customers and hauliers, and assist the sales team, developing your communication skills and confidence along the way. Every day is different and there’s lots to get involved in!
What we’re looking for in our Apprentice Business Administrator
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 3/D or above, including in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications).
- Competent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and databases, such as Excel, and a willingness to learn new systems.
- Good time management, communication and organisational skills.
- Demonstrate a confident ’can do’ attitude and an interest in sales.
- Attention to detail.
- Numerate and confident with the written word.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone and in a team.
- You understand how important good customer service is.
What are the working hours?
You must be happy with early starts! The hours are 8am to 4.30pm, Mon-Fri (you may need to be flexible sometimes).
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Apprentice Business Administrator?
Click ‘Apply’ to find out more, and apply now via the National Apprenticeship Service.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th February 2020