Are you a practical, hands-on person with plenty of mechanical knowledge? Do you have relevant City & Guilds or NVQ qualifications (or equivalent) and have worked with gearboxes, rollers, conveyors etc? On the other hand, maybe you've grown up around machinery or have other practical interests? If this sounds like you, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Plant Maintenance Operative to join our Colnbrook recycling plant, near Slough, on a full-time, permanent contract. In return, you’ll earn a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Plant Maintenance Operative role
If you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in, this job carrying out preventative maintenance and breakdown cover for our busy recycling plant and its equipment could be the perfect fit for you.
Our Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) is where resources such as paper, cardboard, cans and bottles are separated, recovered, baled and sent on elsewhere to be recycled. As our Plant Maintenance Operative, you’ll provide an important maintenance and support role, troubleshooting any problems that may arise and increasing the equipment's reliability and efficiency.
Responsibilities of our Plant Maintenance Operative
- Helping to ensure that all plant and equipment complies with current and future health & safety and work equipment regulations.
- Carrying out daily routine lubrication and monitoring of the MRF plant and equipment.
- Fault diagnosis and rectifying as required.
- Supervising contractors to ensure compliance with the safe systems of work.
- Undertaking routine safety inspections to ensure compliance.
What we’re looking for in you
- Ideally, City & Guilds or NVQ qualifications (or equivalent).
- Great communication, people and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the health and safety requirements associated with engineering and maintenance activities.
What are the working hours?
7am-4pm Monday to Friday, plus alternate Saturday mornings from 7am-11.30am - an average working week of 44.75 hours.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Plant Maintenance Operative? Click apply.