If you’re eager to succeed in sales and have worked in the waste industry in some capacity (e.g. customer service), how about a new job with fantastic opportunities to progress and develop, working for one of the UK’s top-performing private companies? As our Sales Executive, you’ll join a small team at our Ewelme depot, near Wallingford, South Oxfordshire, on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary, uncapped commission and great benefits, including:
- Company car (you must have a full UK driving licence and live within, or be willing to relocate to, within a 40-mile radius of Ewelme)
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
The Sales Executive role
In this job, every day is different; you meet new people and manage your own time and diary. As our Sales Executive, you will be part of a wider friendly and close-knit team where everyone works together and helps each other out. You will:
- Create and retain your own account base of customers, ensuring they have waste solutions that meet their needs.
- Manage existing accounts and convert queries into sales.
- Make your own appointments to visit clients face to face, but also undertake cold calling – essential to build up your database.
The opportunities to progress are one of the best in the industry because we’re growing and developing new waste innovations and solutions that can help our customers – from shops and schools to restaurants and manufacturers – achieve their ‘green’ aspirations. You only have to visit our Energy from Waste facility on the outskirts of London – one of the most modern facilities of its type in the UK – to realise that a career with us is far from boring!
What we’re looking for in our Sales Executive
- Waste industry knowledge and experience.
- Proactive and highly self-motivated; a persuasive ‘people person’ with great communication skills.
- You’re good at organising your time and meeting deadlines.
- Ideally, familiarity with your working territory, which will include Aylesbury, Thame, Amersham, High Wycombe and Henley-on-Thames.
What are the working hours?
35 hours per week: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, although flexibility is required.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story and embarking on a fantastic career path as our Sales Executive? Click apply.