Are you an experienced facilities Maintenance Manager with a proven track record of running builders and contractors, plus technical knowledge of building services and changes in legislation? Are you decisive and a strong negotiator, with good analytical, problem-solving and people skills? Do you enjoy the challenge of being responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of buildings across a multi-site business? If so, here's an opportunity to join one of Britain's top-performing private companies. Based at our Beenham office, but with regular travel across our Thames Valley and wider South East operating area (to date, 16 diverse sites, also covering the Sand & Gravel arm of the business), you will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary with a host of great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Discretionary bonus (performance based)
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
About the Maintenance Manager role
Supported by an Assistant Facilities Manager, and regularly visiting our sites, you will:
- Manage the maintenance, inspection and security services across the company.
- Use best business practices, knowledge and experience to manage and reduce operational costs.
- Compare costs for various services and goods before proposing the best and most cost-effective solutions.
- Communicate clearly to advise departments and to manage budget holders’ expectations.
- Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues/repairs.
- Draft reports and make written recommendations.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practice, technology and changes in relevant legislation.
What we are looking for in our Maintenance Manager
- Facilities Management qualification (or equivalent), or willingness to achieve
- SMSTS, or willingness to achieve
- IOSH (or equivalent) qualification
- At least five years' site/facilities management experience
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of building services and changes in legislation
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to make decisions on projects in a timely manner and negotiate where necessary.
Working hours: 9am-5.30pm, Mon-Fri (37.5 hours per week). Due to the nature of the role you may need to be flexible about start and finish times and working varied hours.
Grow with Grundon
We place great value on attracting and developing great people, so if you are interested in joining our success story as Maintenance Manager, do apply as soon as possible.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. No agencies please