Channel the leadership skills you’ve gained in a fast-moving transport supervisory or managerial role, in the waste industry or similar, into the next chapter: running Grundon’s busy Colnbrook depot, near Slough, one of our sites in the south-east. As our driven yet approachable Depot Manager, you will join us on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including:
- Company car
- Private healthcare
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay and Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme
What you’ll be doing as Depot Manager
This is not a sit-back-and-oversee role – we’re looking for a strong leader with a hands-on approach and passion for customer satisfaction to ensure our commercial waste collection services in and around the London area, including at Heathrow airport, are carried out safely, efficiently and profitably.
- Working closely with two Transport Managers, you will manage an experienced transport office team and around 70 drivers, making every effort to ensure that all customers receive their general waste or recycling collection service on the due day.
- You’ll ensure that all legislation, including health & safety, HR and the Company’s Goods Vehicle Operating Licence, are complied with.
- You’ll support and motivate your team, making sure that individual potential is encouraged and developed.
What we’re looking for in our Depot Manager
- Minimum five years’ experience in a fast-moving transport environment
- Minimum two years’ waste industry (or similar) experience
- Full UK driving licence, ideally with LGV Class 2 entitlement and valid DQC (driver CPC card)
- Preferably educated to at least A-Level (or equivalent) standard
- Ideally hold an airside pass
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal, with employees and customers
- Delegating, decision-making and problem-solving are strengths
- Sound IT and cost-control skills
Working hours: Normally 7.30am-5pm Mon-Fri, plus one in three Saturday mornings, 7.30am-12 noon, an average total of 44 hours per week, though flexibility is required.
Grow with Grundon
Ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies, Grundon is a leading waste management, environmental and quarrying company, and we place great value on attracting and developing great people. Interested in joining our success story as Depot Manager? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Depot Manager on 22.04.22