Trainee Class 1 LGV Drivers
Whether you're looking for a career change, are starting out or are currently working as a van driver, here's a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your future as a fully qualified large goods vehicle driver! Join the Grundon success story at our Knowl Hill depot, between Reading and Maidenhead, and as a Trainee Class 1 Driver you can look forward to a competitive salary, fully funded continued CPC training held on a working day (once qualified), plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Trainee Class 1 LGV Driver role
Subject to satisfactory progress, we’ll register you for LGV training, which will include attending training days and tests.
We have a brilliant Transport Training team at Grundon with a wealth of knowledge and experience, and they will be there to support, guide and build your confidence along the way. As a Trainee Class 1 LGV Driver, you will go out with experienced drivers on your journey to becoming a safe, careful and compliant LGV driver with a great future ahead of you!
Please note: A basic English and maths skills test and a practical driving assessment form part of the interview process.
What we're looking for in our Trainee Class 1 LGV Driver
- To apply, you must have had a full car driving licence for at least 6 months
- An appetite to learn
- The ability to take instruction and constructive criticism
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A ‘can do’ attitude and positive outlook on work
- An understanding of the importance of brilliant customer service and the ability to demonstrate it in all that you do
What are the working hours?
You must be happy with early morning starts, as you'll be working from 5.30am-3.30pm, Mon-Fri inclusive - 45 hours per week.
Grow with Grundon
Interested? If you have drive and commitment and want a job you can see a future in, working for our leading waste management and environmental business as a Trainee Class 1 LGV Driver, then click apply.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match. We advertised for Trainee Class 1 Drivers on 02.07.21