Channel the leadership skills you’ve gained in a fast-moving transport supervisory or managerial role, in the waste industry or similar, into the next chapter: running Grundon’s Gatwick depot, near Redhill, Surrey, one of our sites in the south-east. As our driven yet approachable Depot Manager, you will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as Depot Manager
This is not a sit-back-and-oversee role – we’re looking for a strong leader with a hands-on approach and passion for customer satisfaction to ensure the commercial waste collection services in our Surrey operating area are carried out safely, efficiently and profitably.
- You will manage a small transport office team and around 20 drivers, making every effort to ensure that customers receive the required general waste or recycling collection service on the due day.
- You will ensure that all legislation, including health & safety, HR and the Company’s Goods Vehicle Operating Licence, are complied with.
- You’ll support and motivate your team, making sure that individual potential is encouraged and developed.
What we’re looking for in our Depot Manager
- Minimum five years’ experience in a fast-moving transport environment
- Minimum two years’ experience within the waste industry or similar
- Full UK driving licence, ideally with LGV Class 2 entitlement and valid DQC (driver CPC Card)
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal, with employees and customers
- Delegating, decision-making and problem-solving are strengths
- Sound IT and cost-control skills
Working hours: Normally 7.30am-5pm Mon-Fri, plus one in three Saturday mornings, 7.30am-12 noon, an average total of 44 hours per week, though flexibility is required.
Grow with Grundon
At the cutting-edge of waste management, we’re ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Depot Manager and strengthen our team. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Depot Manager on 02.06.21