If you have experience of operating machinery and mobile plant, such as loading shovels and 360 excavators, and are happy to work outdoors, here’s a varied role with plenty of opportunity for you to use your practical skills. At Grundon, the UK’s largest family-owned waste management company, we’re looking for a Plant Operative to join the team at our Ewelme recycling facility, near Wallingford, South Oxfordshire.
You’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and have access to some great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare.
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you’ll be doing as Plant Operative
Our Materials Recovery Facilities (MRFs) are busy plants where materials such as paper, cardboard and cans are separated and sorted from tipped waste and then baled and sent on elsewhere to be recycled. As Plant Operative, you’ll help to ensure that the Ewelme facility runs smoothly, with duties including:
- Operating mobile plant.
- Feeding the processing plant with material.
- Loading trucks.
- Transferring waste around the site.
- Carrying out preventative plant maintenance and identifying any defects.
- General labouring, including litter-picking.
What we're looking for in our Plant Operative
- Experience of operating mobile plant machinery, such as loading shovels and 360 excavators.
- Good timekeeping, attendance and team work.
- Ability to work safely in a busy environment.
Working hours: An average of 44.75 per week: 7.30am-4.30pm, Mon-Fri, plus alternate Saturday mornings, 7am-11.30am.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Plant Operative? Click apply. NO AGENCIES PLEASE