Business Development Manager
Here at Grundon Waste Management, we are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our vibrant and proactive Technical team at our modern head office at Benson, South Oxfordshire, offering a competitive salary, commission structure and company car, along with some other fantastic benefits.
You must be educated to A-Level standard in Chemistry or a related scientific subject, e.g. Environmental Science, although a degree is ideal due to the chemistry knowledge needed for the role. You must also have experience in waste sales or a similar industry, ideally dealing with hazardous waste.
Grow with Grundon
We’re an award-winning waste management company that features in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, and our hazardous waste facilities – including a state-of-the-art aerosol recycling and reprocessing plant - are industry leading. As Business Development Manager, you’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and have access to some great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare.
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you'll be doing as our Business Development Manager
Inheriting an existing customer base, but with the emphasis on developing new business within the Grundon operating area of southern England, you’ll use your knowledge, customer service skills and tenacity to sell our extensive services and grow the business. Your job as Business Development Manager will cover:
- Developing relationships with both existing customers and other Grundon sales teams.
- Establishing new customers across the operating area, but also exploring opportunities further afield.
- Managing sales enquiries information, ensuring that the requirements of pre-acceptance are met.
- Undertaking site visits to assess jobs and projects, obtaining accurate chemical waste inventories.
- Obtaining sufficient detail from enquiries to raise quotes and generate the necessary documentation, packing instructions and labels.
What we're looking for in our Business Development Manager
- Chemistry qualification or a related scientific discipline
- A high level of technical and waste knowledge – compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations is essential.
- Ability to account-manage and develop new business.
- Proven customer service skills - you’re a confident communicator with a professional telephone manner and ability to listen.
- Attention to accuracy and detail, but also able to work to tight deadlines.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working hours: 37.5 per week, Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5pm
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Business Development Manager? Click apply. NO AGENCIES PLEASE