Business Development Executive
If you have a science degree (minimum HNC) and a strong background in waste sales (ideally, hazardous), then joining the vibrant, proactive and skilled Technical team at our modern head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire, could be a great career move for you. Grundon is an award-winning waste management company committed to training and retaining the best people, and our hazardous waste facilities are industry leading. As Hazardous Waste Business Development Executive, you’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary, commission, company car and great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, e.g. dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel).
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you'll be doing
Inheriting an existing customer base, but with the emphasis on developing new business within the Grundon operating area of southern England, you’ll use your knowledge, customer service skills and tenacity to sell our extensive services and grow the business. Your job as Hazardous Waste Business Development Executive will cover:
- Developing relationships with both existing customers and other Grundon sales teams.
- Establishing new customers across the Southern England operating area, but also exploring opportunities further afield.
- Managing sales enquiries information, ensuring that the requirements of pre-acceptance are met.
- Undertaking site visits to assess jobs and projects, obtaining accurate chemical waste inventories.
- Obtaining sufficient detail from enquiries to raise quotes and generate the necessary documentation, packing instructions and labels.
What we're looking for in our Hazardous Waste Business Development Executive
- Degree (minimum HNC) in Chemistry or a related scientific discipline.
- A high level of technical and waste knowledge – compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations is essential.
- Ability to account-manage and develop new business.
- Proven customer service skills - you’re a confident communicator with a professional telephone manner and ability to listen.
- Attention to accuracy and detail, but also able to work to tight deadlines.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working hours: 37.5 per week, Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5pm
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Hazardous Waste Business Development Executive? Click apply. NO AGENCIES PLEASE