If you’re a committed environmental professional with experience of improving an organisation’s compliance, completing audits and advising on best practice in waste management, then we’re interested in your skills and knowledge. As Compliance & Sustainability Manager working within the dedicated clinical sales team at our Knowl Hill office, near Maidenhead, you’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary plus company car and great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel).
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
About the Compliance & Sustainability Manager role
Our award-winning clinical waste collection and disposal service has been built on years of expertise. We are pleased to be trusted by the NHS, leading life science institutions, local authorities and many other sectors who rely on us.
- As our Compliance & Sustainability Manager, you'll undertake and approve waste pre-acceptance audits and assist customers (many of which are hospitals) and colleagues with meeting Environment Agency and healthcare sector guidelines. The job will also involve keeping customers and colleagues up to date with legislation by providing relevant training.
- You’ll take ownership of projects to improve environmental performance, focusing on sustainability and making financial savings.
What we are looking for in our Compliance & Sustainability Manager
- Qualified to degree standard in an Environment Discipline or equivalent
- Member of professionally recognised organisation e.g. CIWM or IEMA
- Working knowledge of ‘Safe Management of Healthcare Waste’, ‘Sector Guidance Note IPPC S5-06’ and ‘Clinical waste (EPR 5.07)’
- Ideally, previous experience of waste auditing in the healthcare sector
- Experience of date recording and reporting
- Confident communicator experienced in presenting information to diverse groups of people
- Full UK driving licence
What are the working hours?
9am-5pm Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Compliance & Sustainability Manager? Click apply!