Trainee Site Chemists
Do you have a Chemistry A-level (or are predicted to pass this summer) and want to use it? Are you keen to jump straight into paid, practical, outdoorsy employment? Do you want to make a positive impact on the environment? Working in the fascinating and thriving environmental sector could be a great next step for you... What's more, join Grundon's industry-leading hazardous waste facility in South Oxfordshire as a Trainee Site Chemist and you'll gain skills, progression opportunities and additional qualifications (we'll put you through your HNC). You will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and a host of good benefits, including:
- Discretionary bonus (performance based)
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
What you'll be doing as Trainee Site Chemist
Joining a hard-working and highly skilled team, you will help with the day-to-day operation of the transfer station – receiving incoming consignments of waste, checking documentation, completing waste transfer notes and raising non-conformances.
Other duties will include unloading and loading lorries, operating forklift trucks (we’ll train you up) and inspecting, classifying and segregating waste deliveries. You’ll also be expected to muck in and help to sweep and jet-wash the yard to ensure a tidy site.
The work of a Site Chemist involves an element of physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable – e.g. working in a chemical protection suit.
What we’re looking for in our Trainee Site Chemist
- Chemistry knowledge is essential, so you must have A-level Chemistry, or you're predicted to pass this summer, together with GCSE passes at Grades A* - C/9 - 4 in English Language and Maths (or equivalent). Subject to satisfactory progress we will enrol you on an HNC.
- This isn’t a lab-based job so you’ll need to show us that you’re willing to work outside – perhaps you have some experience of working outdoors, or an interest that involves being outside in all weathers.
- You’re practical and hands-on.
- A safety-conscious approach.
- A full UK driving licence is desirable.
Working hours: 7am-4pm or 9am-6pm Mon-Friday, rotated on a fortnightly basis. A total of 40 hours per week.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading provider of waste management and environmental services and we’re adept at finding innovative solutions. Our hazardous and clinical waste collection and disposal services are award-winning and our facilities include an advanced aerosol recycling facility.
Interest in joining the Grundon success story and starting your career as a Trainee Site Chemist? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible