Like the idea of a job that combines at the wheel (3.5 tonne box van) and on foot, working at Heathrow on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern? Our Colnbrook depot provides a waste collection and recycling facility at the airport 365 days of the year, and as Van Driver (Airport Operative) you will join you will join the team on a permanent full-time contract, earning a competitive salary with a host of great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme (5% contribution matched by Grundon) with life assurance cover
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
About the Van Driver (Airport Operative) role
- Driving a 3.5 tonne box van, you will collect waste from both airside and landside locations, including within the terminal buildings.
- You will patrol the whole airport site by van and on foot, including the terminals, ensuring the airport is kept clean and tidy at all times within the perimeter fence. Sorting waste into the correct containers, helping with moving items such as pallets, and ensuring that all waste is cleared around containers and on airport roads are essential duties.
- You can also expect to litter-pick and sweep if required, do spot-checks and ensure that no waste leaves the site unless accompanied by the correct paperwork.
What we’re looking for in our Van Driver (Airport Operative)
- At least a 3.5 tonne (car) licence and be happy with early starts.
- You must be able to cope with lifting and moving heavy items, such as large wheeled waste bins, and walking long distances.
Please note: You will need an Airside Pass for this job, which will entail a DBS check (criminal record check), identity check and five-year background check.
Working hours: Shift system of 4 days on followed by 4 days off, 7am-7pm, an average of 38.61 hours per week.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning and long-established waste management, environmental and quarrying company, and we place great value on attracting and developing great people. Interested in joining our success story as Van Driver (Airport Operative)? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Van Driver (Airport Operative) on 10.05.22