Business Development Executive
Do you have a proven track record in securing sales in the industrial services/hazardous waste sector? If you're hungry for a new challenge, could you grow sales of Grundon's specialist services (think tank cleaning, site decontamination, de-commissioning, spillages, emergency response clearances and more), as well as account-manage existing business? Can you give us tenacity and fantastic customer service skills? As Business Development Executive, reporting in to our head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire, but predominantly field-based, you will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and sales commission, plus a host of great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
The Business Development Executive role
Our small Industrial Services team provides varied services to all Grundon customers across our entire operating area, and the work involves water jetting, working with chemicals, at height/confined spaces, and operating plant like forklift and cherry pickers. As Business Development Executive, you can expect to:
- Identify new customers from a diverse range of industry sectors across the UK.
- Acquire sufficient information from sales enquiries to raise quotes and satisfy pre-acceptance requirements.
- Undertake site visits to thoroughly assess jobs and projects.
- Build relationships with other Grundon sales teams to generate leads.
What we are looking for in our Business Development Executive
- A proactive and collaborative sales professional with experience of negotiating and closing deals, ideally within the industrial services industry
- A degree of waste knowledge as compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations is essential
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Full UK driving licence
Working hours: 37.5 per week - 8.30am-5pm, Mon-Fri, although flexibility will be required due to the nature of the role.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading, long-established and award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. Interested in joining our success story? We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Business Development Executive on 30.03.22. No agencies please