Hazardous Waste Transfer Station Manager
Do you have a wealth of knowledge and experience of the hazardous waste industry, combined with strong leadership skills? At Grundon, we are looking for a highly capable and dedicated Hazardous Waste Transfer Station Manager to take on the day-to-day management of our industry-leading hazardous waste transfer facility at Ewelme, South Oxfordshire. You will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you'll be doing as Hazardous Waste Transfer Station Manager
Reporting to our Transfer Station Operations & Development Manager, you will join a hard-working and highly skilled team at this busy facility, which accepts all types of hazardous waste and uses advanced processing and recycling technologies. Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the site and operations comply with the relevant permits, policies and legislation.
- Assessing and allocating workloads and addressing any issues that arise with operators, drivers, contractors and visitors; your interpersonal skills are excellent.
- Managing and reporting against the site budget.
- As an employing manager, monitoring and managing your team and recruitment, and organising on-going training and development.
- Making sure the site is kept clean and tidy and that all waste is stored in accordance with the PPC Permit.
- Liaising with the Environment Agency and other regulatory bodies when required.
- Leading by example: promoting a high standard towards work, health and safety.
What we’re looking for in our Hazardous Waste Transfer Station Manager
- Degree in Chemistry (or Chemistry/Environmental related discipline)
- COTC Level 4 – either Managing Transfer or Treatment Operations
- At least five years’ waste management experience
- Understanding of all current UK legislation associated with the waste industry
- Methodical, organised and calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
Working hours: 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri. A total of 40 hours per week, though due to the nature of the role you will need to be flexible about start and finish times and working additional hours.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading provider of waste management and environmental services and we’re adept at finding innovative solutions. Our hazardous and clinical waste collection and disposal services are award-winning, and our facilities include an advanced aerosol recycling facility.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Hazardous Waste Transfer Station Manager and strengthen our team. Interested? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.