Class 1 LGV Drivers
Are you a reliable and careful Class 1 (Cat C + E) LGV Driver looking for a new permanent 4-on-4-off (days) job that frees up your evenings? If so, we have opportunities to join the Grundon success story at our Knowl Hill site between Reading and Maidenhead, one of our depots in the south-east. In return for your hard work, you'll earn a competitive salary, fully-funded continued CPC held on a working day, plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Class 1 LGV Driver role
As a Class 1 LGV Driver you’ll collect clinical waste from a wide variety of businesses in and around the South-East. Our clinical waste management service at this site involves collecting, treating and disposing of healthcare waste. We also operate our own fleet of specialist collection vehicles and ADR (Carriage of Dangerous Goods Certified) trained drivers.
What we're looking for in our Class 1 LGV Driver
- Valid LGV Class 1 licence
- Driver Qualification Card (DQC)
- Digital tachograph driver card
- Ideally you have an ADR licence, but we'll train you if not
- Flexible approach
An average 38.61 hours per week on a shift system of 4 days on followed by 4 days off working from 4.30am to 4.30pm.
Grow with Grundon
Give us your driving skill, commitment and customer-first attitude and we can offer you a job you can see a future in as our Class 1 LGV Driver, working for our leading waste management and environmental business. Click apply!
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible