Radioactive Waste Business Development Executive
Do you have a degree in Chemistry or a similar discipline that included studying radioactive substances? Alternatively, can you give us at least three years' experience in the management and/or sales of radioactive wastes? Either way, you will need tenacity and great customer service skills to succeed in promoting and growing a specialist and successful area of Grundon’s hazardous waste arm. As Radioactive Waste Business Development Executive, you will join a proactive and supportive team on a permanent full-time contract at our modern head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire and earn a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Company car
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Radioactive Waste Business Development Executive role
We offer a total waste management collection, recycling and disposal service of all hazardous waste streams, including radioactive, and are looking for a sales person to hit the ground running! As Radioactive Waste Business Development Executive, you will manage current customer accounts as well as sourcing new business from cold calling, following up enquiries and preparing quotations.
This is a highly regulated area of the business and requires strong attention to detail to ensure compliance with health & safety and environmental legislation.
What we are looking for in our Radioactive Waste Business Development Executive
- Degree in Chemistry or a related discipline that included modules covering radioactive substances, or at least three years' experience in the management and/or sales of radioactive wastes. Knowledge of the radioactive and hazardous waste industry is essential in this job.
- A passion for exceeding customers’ environmental and sustainability targets.
- Well organised, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Full UK driving licence - site visits across our south-east operating area are an important part of the job.
Working hours: 37.5 per week: 8.30am-5pm, Mon-Fri, although flexibility will be required due to the nature of the role.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading provider of waste management and environmental services and we are adept at finding innovative solutions. Our hazardous and clinical waste collection and disposal services are award winning, our facilities include advanced aerosol reprocessing and Energy from Waste plants, and our customers include the NHS and police.
Interested in joining our success story? We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match - so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Radioactive Waste Business Development Executive on 29.09.21