Are you looking for an admin job with part-time hours? This role is vital to the smooth-running of Grundon’s waste treatment facility situated between Reading and Maidenhead, and if you are organised and methodical, we’d love to hear from you! As Office Administrator, you will join us on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Office Administrator role
Working in an office with a small and supportive team, your duties will include:
- Booking in planned waste deliveries and carefully checking the associated paperwork.
- Generating waste returns via Excel for the regulatory authority.
- Comparing data between two systems and finding and correcting errors.
- Answering telephone queries from internal and external customers.
- Admin tasks such as completing and filing consignment notes and waste tonnage returns, photocopying and scanning.
- Helping with monthly safety inspections, and issuing and ordering personal protective equipment.
- Completing contractor inductions and permits as required.
- Note-taking during meetings.
What we’re looking for in our Office Administrator
- Team player, but also able to work on your own initiative
- Ability to prioritise and adapt, managing a number of demands at the same time
- Attention to detail. Accurate data entry is vital!
- Good computer skills, including Excel
- Full UK driving licence and your own transport (due to site location)
Working hours: 9.30am-2.30pm, Mon-Fri – 25 hours per week
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning and long-established waste management, environmental and quarrying company, and we place great value on attracting and developing great people. Interested in joining our success story as Office Administrator? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Office Administrator on 07.06.21