Behind the scenes of every blue Grundon waste vehicle on roads in the south-east, servicing our customers, is our Fleet team and vehicle maintenance workshops – and now the hunt is on for a conscientious administrator with a keen eye for accuracy, along with good Word and Excel skills, to provide essential support. Interested? As Fleet Administrator, you will join our Beenham office, near Reading, on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary with good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you'll be doing as Fleet Administrator
Our Fleet team looks after the day-to-day maintenance and compliance of our waste collection vehicles and plant equipment – from procuring new ones and chasing suppliers, to arranging delivery to Grundon for preparation, taxation and release into service. There is much to keep you busy: coding invoices, raising purchase orders and updating spreadsheets, including vehicle MOT test results and associated documentation, and collating any vehicle hire and damage costs.
What we are looking for in our Fleet Administrator
- Previous admin experience.
- Approachable, friendly and helpful.
- Good telephone manner – you might be speaking to a colleague one minute, a chassis or body manufacturer on the phone the next!
- Understanding the importance of vehicle compliance systems.
- Self-motivated, but equally able to work as part of a busy small team.
Working hours: 35 per week, 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
Grow with Grundon
At the cutting-edge of waste management, we are ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies. Interested in joining the Grundon success story as Fleet Administrator and strengthening our friendly team? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Fleet Administrator on 30.04.21