Healthcare Waste Operative
Are you looking for a ‘hands-on’ job where you’re up and about rather than stuck at a desk? Do you enjoy being part of a small and friendly team? Would you like to work for a family-run waste and environmental business that’s won lots of awards? If so, you could fit in well at our busy waste treatment facility between Reading and Maidenhead, where clinical waste is processed and sterilised. We’re offering a permanent contract, competitive salary and access to some great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you'll be doing as Healthcare Waste Operative
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Accepting waste onto site, inspecting it and checking paperwork is correct
- Operating machinery, such as compactors and bin washers
- Repairing bins
- Segregating clinical waste
- Booking loads in on our Weighbridge computer system
What we're looking for in our Healthcare Waste Operative
- You’re physically fit
- Strong team worker but also able to work on your own initiative
- Ability to work in busy environments
- Good English understanding (both written and verbal)
- Full driving licence, with own transport
- A basic understanding of computers
- Ability to deal with customers
Working hours: Mon-Fri, 7am-5pm; 45 hours per week. You must be willing to work some overtime at weekends and occasionally during the week.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Healthcare Waste Operative? Click apply. No agencies please
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Healthcare Waste Operative on 08.04.21