If you’re an experienced Landfill Manager with a strong working knowledge of landfill facilities, we’d like to hear from you. Come and join our thriving family-owned business in a rewarding role: managing the Grundon Wingmoor Facility in Gloucestershire, which comprises Quarry landfill (non-hazardous), plus Wingmoor Farm hazardous waste landfill and treatment plant. We’re offering a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Company vehicle
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
What you’ll be doing as Landfill Manager
The site at Bishops Cleeve comprises both a hazardous and non-hazardous waste landfill and has been operating for over 25 years. With a strong focus on health & safety and environmental controls, you’ll manage the whole facility, including the APCr treatment plant, ensuring they comply with environmental permits, working plans, and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that each phase of the landfill is developed and constructed in line with the approved scheme and CQA documents.
- Making sure that waste is received in accordance with procedures and permits.
- Managing a dedicated team and supervising contractors and visitors to site.
What we’re looking for in you
- At least five years’ experience of managing or supervising a landfill operation.
- WAMITAB COTC for Landfill operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- You’re a strategic thinker who can drive the business forward.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working hours: Minimum 40 hours per week, based around the site’s hours of operation (7am to 4:30pm Mon-Fri and 7am to 12pm Sat). Working on Saturday morning will only occasionally be required, based on site operations and engineering requirements.
Grow with Grundon
In 2020, we were recognised as one of the UK's top performing private companies when we were ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table for the second year running. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Landfill Manager and strengthen our team. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Landfill Manager on 22.03.21