This busy two-part role combines plant operative and weighbridge duties, and could suit you if you’re a confident communicator with a naturally practical mind. Grundon is an award-winning waste management company, and as Plant Operative at our Mole Valley waste facility in Leatherhead, Surrey, you’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, e.g. dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel).
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
About the Plant Operative role
Our Materials Recovery Facilities (MRFs) are busy plants where materials such as paper, cardboard, cans and bottles are separated and sorted from tipped waste and then baled and sent on elsewhere to be recycled.
Your day will start with sampling MRF materials and inspecting loads for non-conforming material, before moving on to operating the weighbridge –a frontline role where customer service is of paramount importance.
What you’ll be doing
- Completing inspection/defect reports.
- Producing an accurate weighbridge ticket for all loads entering and leaving the site.
- Identifying the customer account and material being transported, and ensuring that the correct details (for example, vehicle registration, product, haulier etc) are recorded.
- Ensuring that all drivers and visitors are wearing appropriate PPE.
- Making sure that inbound and outbound documentation is completely accurate and complies with the relevant legislation.
What we're looking for in our Plant Operative
- Good timekeeping and attendance record.
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and computer skills.
- Ability to communicate well - face to face and on the phone.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
What are the working hours?
42.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri inclusive, 7am-4pm, though flexibility may be required.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Plant Operative? Click apply.