Weighbridge & Plant Operator
If you can operate mobile plant (think bulldozers, articulated dumpers and loading shovels) and, ideally, have weighbridge experience, then how about a varied and busy two-part job at our Faringdon quarry, near Swindon? As Weighbridge & Plant Operator, you’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, e.g. dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel).
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
About the Weighbridge & Plant Operator role
Grundon Sand & Gravel is the quarrying side of Grundon, a long-established and industry-leading waste management business committed to training and retaining the best people.
This frontline customer service role has two parts to it. As Weighbridge Operator, you’ll greet drivers arriving on site at Faringdon quarry to deliver or collect materials, inspecting their documentation and producing accurate weighbridge tickets for all loads. You’ll also be able to operate mobile plant, such as a loading shovel, to load customers’ vehicles and process materials excavated at the quarry.
What you’ll be doing as Weighbridge & Plant Operator
In addition to the above, your job will involve:
- completing inspection/defect reports;
- identifying the customer account and material being transported, and ensuring that the correct details (for example, vehicle registration, product, haulier etc) are recorded;
- ensuring that all drivers and visitors are wearing appropriate PPE;
- making sure that inbound and outbound documentation is completely accurate and complies with the relevant legislation;
- signing in visitors;
- handling credit card sales from time to time.
What we're looking for in you
- Ideally, weighbridge experienced.
- Previous experience of operating mobile plant (NVQ 2 is desirable).
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills.
- Ability to communicate well.
What are the working hours?
47.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri inclusive, 6.30am-4.30pm.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Weighbridge & Plant Operator? Click apply. NO AGENCIES