Waste Facility Labourer
Are you practical and reliable, with experience of operating forklifts, machinery and plant? Are you self-motivated, safety-conscious and happy to work outside in all weathers? As Waste Facility Labourer based at our busy facility at Ewelme, near Wallingford, you’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel).
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
About the Waste Facility Labourer role
You’ll play an important part in the day-to-day operation of our waste transfer station facility, where materials ranging from aerosols and paint tins to batteries and contaminated packaging are treated or bulked up for further treatment, recycling, recovery or final disposal. Your varied duties will include:
- Operating the on-site waste processing equipment and forklift trucks
- Unloading and loading lorries
- Carrying out plant and equipment daily checks
- Assisting the Technical Chemists with the inspection and segregation of waste
- Going off site to help the Technical drivers on customers’ sites
- Sweeping and jet-washing the yard.
The work involves an element of physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable e.g. sometimes wearing a protective suit and respirator. But if you'd love to be part of a hard-working, highly skilled and friendly team then we'd love to hear from you.
What we’re looking for in our Waste Facility Labourer
- A positive and professional attitude
- You enjoy team work but are also happy to work on your own initiative
- It would be great if you have a Forklift Truck Licence, but it's not essential as we always train the right person.
What are the working hours?
7am-4pm or 9am-6pm Monday to Friday, rotated on a fortnightly basis. A total of 40 hours per week.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Waste Facility Labourer? Click apply!