Are you an experienced LGV Mechanic looking for a new job in a well-established and successful business? We’re recruiting for a team player to join our friendly, family-owned business and work in our well-equipped workshop based at Colnbrook, near Heathrow. As our LGV Mechanic, you’ll earn a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel).
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
About the LGV Mechanic role
You’ll maintain our mixed fleet of rigid and articulated vehicles to high standards in line with DVSA and FTA requirements.
What we’re looking for in our LGV Mechanic
- Large goods vehicle experience is essential and ideally you'll be qualified or semi-skilled (C&G HGV parts 1, 2 and 3, NVQ Level 3, or equivalent).
- It would be great if you have an LGV licence and knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems, but we'll train you if have the qualifications and experience we're looking for.
What are the working hours?
Your working week will average 39.75 hours split over a two-week rota.
Week 1: Monday to Friday, 6.30am to 2.30pm.
Week 2: Monday to Friday, 2pm to 10pm. Plus alternate Saturday mornings, 7.30am to 12 noon.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our LGV Mechanic? Click apply!